Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dirty Jobs

I wonder if the guy from the series "Dirty Jobs" ever spent a day with a mom. :) I just had to think of it today while I changed a diaper that I shouldn't describe in detail in public. Today I was covered with drool, food, boogers and pee. In my hair I found cereal, I stepped into raisins Laneah chewed on but decided not to swallow but spit on the floor instead and she colored on my arm. She wipes her fingers on my pants and I change shirts at least as often as she does. If you ever think you have a dirty job, be a mom for a day and you'll never complain again. haha

Don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining. Even with cereal in my hair, another sticky thing under my foot and dirty pants I am still enjoying the journey. I'm just telling myself that one day I will miss those things and laugh my way through it.

My mom has a quote in her kitchen that says: This house is clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy. I like that.

4 comments:

LisaB said...

Oh, I love it and I so agree with you on the Dirty Job. Sunday at church in the middle of Sunday School I looked down and found a raisin stuck between my foot and my shoe - yuck! Probably Calvin's if I had to guess. But they are growing up too fast. I tell myself too to love all those grimy windows and walls, cute little tushys and nose wipes. It'll be over in a heartbeat. I think I may need to borrow your mom's sign for my kitchen. :-)

Pamela said...

I love your mom's quote!

A few weeks ago, I went somewhere and they gave Kayla a piece of chocolate. Half of it ended up on my clothes as she wiped her face to pretend that she was shy. Memories are fun :)

Pollock Palooza said...

Ha! I hear ya, although I haven't been spit up on recently (knock on wood). Tell your hubby to buy you some more shirts:)

Anonymous said...

ja, ja, so ist das, aber um nichts in der Welt hätte ich meine Kinder eingetauscht gegen einen anderen Job zu der Zeit.
In Liebe. Deine Mama